How to Create Your Own Decorative Wall Mirrors
The look of our home reflects our personality. This is one of the reasons why homeowners take the time to beautify their homes. One of the most effective ways to enhance the rooms in our homes is by adding decorative wall mirrors.
You may be able to find various kinds of decorative wall mirrors on the different home improvement and hardware stores. Designs may vary from antique to modern, from embellished to minimalist. Since decorative wall mirrors can be very expensive, it is a good idea to make one on your own. You can decorate the one you already have with these ideas.
- You can try painting the frame of your mirror. This is an inexpensive way to add a touch-up to an old mirror. You can pick a color that will complete the look of the room or create artsy designs with the play of different patterns. This is quite easy since no sanding and primer is required. Be sure to tape the sides of the mirror that you do not want to be painted.
- Adorn your mirror with textured items like seashells. You can pick items that would match with the theme of your room. A rustic room for example would look great with cedar chips. Attach the items on the frame with the use of glue.
- Use tassels to give it a soft look. Purchase tassels that would look good with other furniture. You can stick the tassels around the frame with hot glue.
- Self-adhesive stones will make a lame frame look beautiful. You may opt to decorate only the corners or you may even place them on the center of the mirror.
- Make your own tailed-mosaic mirror. Try mixing different shapes and sizes of mosaic tiles. You can buy mosaic tiles from home improvement stores or you can simply use pieces of broken ceramics. You can attach the mosaic tiles with the use of strong glue.