Everyone has pillows, but the question is what do you do with your pillows? Sure you can sleep on it like every one else in the world but what else do you do with your pillows? Decorate? Sit on them? Squeeze them between your legs? BORING! I’ve always wanted to know, “What can do with my pillows that are fun?” So I have come up with 5 fun things you can do with pillows.
1. If any of you have ever played the classic game “spoons” before then this game is for you! Today we are going to take spoons to the max with Ultimate Spoons! Rather than having the spoons sitting in front of you, collect all the pillows and blankets you can find and stash them in a pile. Then strategically hide the spoons through out the pile. When some one collects the necessary cards and shouts, “SPOONS!” Everyone dives in and wrestles to the death until all the spoons are found. Who ever is left with out a spoon is out!
2. Everyone likes to have a “good time” with that special some one and we all know that a little teasing never hurt in order to produce something frisky! Grab the softest pillow you can find, sneak up on your mate and snag him/her with the pillow. Before you know it she’ll be hittin’ on you and you will be in the middle of a sexy pillow fight which is bound to lead to something frisky with your lover.
3. Of Course there is the classic Pillows Fight, which everyone loves. Especially when having sleep overs. Gather all the pillows you can find in the house, grab time, set it, then start bashing the crap out of everyone you can until the time is up.
4. One day some buddies of mine and I went camping at a lodge which had TONS of mattresses and pillows as well as a little balcony that we could jump from. As we studied our surroundings the wheels in our brain started turning. And this is what we cam up with. Pile all the mattresses and pillows up to create a soft landing for your little tushy. Then Climb to the top of the leg and jump for it! The fall and super soft landing will create an adrenalin rush you just can’t get enough of.
5. And finally, have you ever had a bad day? Well hell, crab a crappy pillow that has feathers in it, crank up your favorite song and relieve some stress. Rip that pillow to shreds and let the feathers fly!!! Don’t you dare let one pillow stay in that pillow! Throw them every where, jump in them, toss them over your head and shout “yippee!” And before you know it, you will have forgot what it was you were mad about.
So what will it be? A frisky little something with that special someone? An adrenaline pumping game of Ultimate spoons? or perhaps just …
If you have a small place there is no reason to stare at plain white walls. Decorating the walls in a smaller living space is often challenging but makes all the difference when creating a cozy space. No matter how small the room is, if it is warm and inviting, it will make friends and family feel right at home. Here are a few tips to make a room look larger with art wall decals.
Choose the right pattern or theme to create the illusion of a bigger space. There are literally a multitude of themes and designs to choose from when decorating the walls in your place. Choose light-colored backgrounds that match with colors in your decals to coordinate the room colors. For example, nature designs with earth colors of green and brown would look good on a wall painted in tan or butterscotch. Match accessory colors to accent colors in the design to complete the look.
Keep the space open by careful furniture placement. Placing furniture in an open design makes a room look bigger. A simple couch and chair in a matching solid color with an accent rug or small table makes a cozy living area for sitting and relaxing with friends.
Choose a pattern or design of art wall decals to match the color and furnishings of the room. Some people like a nature theme with trees and or a modern Art Deco look with odd shapes or bold designs. Large patterns are fine with minimal furnishings and can become the focal point of the room. Place a couple of lovely decorative mirrors where they will reflect the wall scenes to make it appear as if the scene continues into another room adding to the illusion of more space.
Additional decorating tips:
Let functional spaces do double duty if possible. A bookshelf placed in a corner can double as a place to store small trinkets and knick-knacks without cluttering up the space. The right light fixtures can add depth to a room when placed close to a mirror or other reflective surface, the brighter the light the larger the room looks.
Reasons to decorate with decals:
· Decals are not only stylish and attractive, but create a look that is all your own.
· Economical way to decorate because the designs can be removed when you decide it’s time for a change.
· Create a focal point to draw attention away from problem areas such as uneven walls or oddly-shaped corners.
Wall decorations such as decals, stickers or stencils make a space unique and express the owner’s personal style. They are suitable for just about any room in your home, from bedroom to kitchen; decals are a great way to decorate the way you like. Even if your landlord will not let you paint, there is no reason to have boring white walls when art wall decals are so easy to use and remove when you move to a new place.…
The ideas of bedrooms decorating are not usually have to come from the bedroom itself. You can integrate with the elements from each different room in the house to this personal area. Many home interiors designers will tell that your bedroom area should be act as a sanctuary but this is not a hundred percent true. Actually, a real comfortable and satisfaction sanctuary includes more than a nightstand and a bed.
Once it comes to home decorating, bedroom is the place where you can actually make something special. Since your bedroom become a room which is private and not a common public place, so you are able to create it unique and theme it whatever you want or make an expressive style unlike the rest of the room in your house.
What you have to do at the first time when choosing what components you need for your nighttime rest is to make a list of your most favorite things. And you might encounter that an indoor water will calms and relaxes you better.
Bedroom decorating ideas using simple indoor water features is not common but we can add this element as the favorite things to the list. Consider that the comfortable sounds will help you fall asleep better. This element is relaxing and also will remind you a spa. This is a great retreat. Imagine that hearing the sound of water fall after taking a hot bath. It clears that item can be use as a component of decorating ideas for bedrooms.
The reason why this is acceptable as a component for decorating ideas in the bedroom is in order to get cooling off and relaxing. Many people think that indoor water feature normally lies in an entrance way or in a living room but you can think a different way. The item perhaps fascinating and you may love the theme where some people find it is achievable but it may not attend to its intention in specific areas of the house.
The indoor water features may add magnetic charm to some room. Nevertheless, the soft sounds of trickling water are not all of the time detected or comply with noisy areas. So what is the benefit having the soft sounds in a noisy room? These soft sounds have a soul to compete with the sounds from computers, video games, television, radio or any audio player.
Determining to integrate a small indoor water like this into your bedroom is quite unusual. However, the uniqueness of this idea is what gives the room so extraordinary. Making a sanctuary involves selecting items that calms and relaxes you even though those items are normally applied in other rooms.…
Jacuzzi tubs provide numerous benefits for those who take the time to soak themselves in it. All around the world, cultures have understood the power of hydrotherapy. The Japanese for example believe that it not only provides health benefits but also helps relieve the soul. To learn more about the power of these tubs, continue reading.
Top 4 Benefits
1. Hydrotherapy. The water’s buoyancy helps relieve tension from hurting joints and muscles. When submerged in water, the body is almost weightless. Thus, pressure in the joints and muscles are relieved. The water not only addresses the physical aspect of the body, but it also helps soothe the tired mind. The National Sleep Foundation has found that this helps cure people of insomnia.
2. Effect of heat. The effect of warm water will also help relax the body. Those who are recovering from injuries usually apply heat and this is also effective in providing better circulation of blood.
3. Massage. Whether jacuzzi tubs are whirlpools or air baths, the movement of water from the jets will provide a full body massage. A deep soaking tub will allow the whole body to be treated.
4. Relax. Users who buy this tub can find relaxation because the water and the massages will help stimulate the body to release endorphins which actually help minimize the effects of stress. Another great thing is that people of all ages can use it at any time to de-stress themselves.
Jacuzzi tubs offer such great benefits that affect the entire body. Now finding the right tub design is important.
3 Things to Consider
There is a variety of freestanding bathtubs available in the market whether in stores or online. If one is looking to buy a tub to soak in, here are a few reminders that he should keep in mind while out shopping:
1. Material and durability. These factors play a key role in how much Jacuzzi tubs cost. There are cast iron tubs which are very durable that the cost of it is overlooked by some. For those however who need a cheaper price, acrylic tubs can be bought and even customized to fit the design of the bathroom. These are affordable but it is more susceptible to fading, scratches, and discoloration.
2. Size and depth. While freestanding tubs are better used in large spaces, they come in a variety of sizes that it is easy enough to find the right size for one’s bathroom. In regards to depth, one should consider if the tub should be deep enough to be used by an adult, child, or both.
3. Air baths or whirlpools. Both of them can massage the body. Air baths let out air bubbles from the bottom of the tub which causes a gentle, relaxing massage that can be used for the elderly. Whirlpools, however, massage by the water that jet out of them. The massage is heavier and goes deeper into the body. One should consider what he prefers most before buying.…
It’s that time of year again where you need to start thinking about your Garden for the Summer. Here are a few useful ideas:
1. GARDENS ARE OUTDOOR SPACES
First and most importantly, a garden connected to a Pub, Bar or Restaurant should feel like a Garden and not in interior space. Many proprietors try to continue the interior finishes to outside which defeats the purpose of a Garden atmosphere. The Garden should have outdoor features like stone and brick and the furniture should look like outdoor furniture. On my travels I found many beer gardens with timber sheeting and fabric covered bar stools – these areas are trying to look like indoor spaces. Instead try to embrace the outdoor Garden atmosphere, work with the multitude of materials and finishes which are available to transform a bland space into an exciting alfresco experience.
Decide on your style or theme and then do some research.
Look at the building and its walls – are there any existing characteristics that may dictate a style or that can be embellished?
Keep the theme running from the interior through to the outside – for example, if you have an Art Deco interior then try to incorporate Art Deco statues, tiles or lamps outside rather than it being a generic garden. Similarly, if it is a traditional Pub with lots of Bric-a-Brac then carry outdoor Bric-a-Brac through.
3. THE WEATHER
The glare/heat factor: use canopies, planting or coloured glass to diffuse.
Wind: Use wind breakers. Anything can be designed to reduce the wind factor – Willow fencing, metal or timber frameworks with glass or canvas wind breakers. I recently designed a trellis planter and because it was on wheels, it was movable which worked really well for my client.
When deciding on the position for your seating consider which direction the wind comes from.
Rain: Provide adequate coverage for smokers in bad weather. In particularly wet climates, a permanent fixed solution like glass in a timber or glass framework will be much more maintainable than a canvas canopy. Glass means that daylight/sunlight can come through which is important on those warm summer days. If it gets too hot or bright then outdoor blinds can be fitted.
Before building anything it is important to know what your local regulations are. In Ireland the guideline for covering areas is described like a bus shelter where the roof covers an area that has walls that are 50% open and 50% closed.
Divide smokers from non smokers if you have the space.
Opening windows may not be an option as the smoke can be pulled into the interior and customers do not like this.
Provide ashtrays on tables and a few sand buckets about the place from which cigarette butts can be taken from at cleaning time.
6. UGLY AREAS
Make sure the views are good and not facing bin/garbage areas or car-parks. Use screening with plants or timber fencing to …
When it comes to finding a great look for your home that is both functional and eye appealing, you simply cannot beat interior Louver doors. Typically seen in bi-fold fashion on closets, these doors are now beginning to be appreciated in many other applications around the home, for good reason. Whether you are on the hunt for a door that doubles as an accent piece for your décor or simply need to improve the air movement in your home, Louvre doors will not let you down.
Convenience in Tight Places
Like with other styles of bi-folding doors, there is a certain level of ease that comes with this style of Louver doors. They can be used in relatively tight places without completely blocking the flow of traffic because they do not swing open. However, unlike a solid-front style, this slotted variety offers much more. The introduction of standard cut doors with the attractive shutter like design also allows for a consistency throughout a hallway or entry, so closets, bedrooms, and bathrooms share the unique style.
Louver doors provide superior air flow due to their design, whether they are hiding a large closet or operating as a standard bedroom entryway. The great thing about this is that it allows warm or cool air to travel between rooms, even when the door is shut. Of course, for the closet, this is nice so the air doesn’t get stale around clothing, blankets, or toiletries. For bedrooms or other spaces within the room, a Louver door can represent cost savings and comfort as air conditioning or heat easily passes through.
Proper airflow between spaces also means better ventilation. Would you like to close off a utility closet? Do you have a mud room that tends to be damp or a finished basement? A Louvre door might be the perfect option. It provides the ventilation and airflow that some systems require and can cut down on moisture by moving air over it. That’s not the best part, either; this style of door can serve several important functions, but, more importantly, it looks great in the process.
There is no doubt about it; a little detail can go a long way toward making a space beautiful. While a classic front door will serve the purpose of dividing the house, it doesn’t have the same pizzazz as this style. A Louvre door can work with nearly any décor, transitioning easily between homeowners and between changing trends, always offering a sense of interest and beauty.…
My neighbor spent well over $ 200,000 to add a beautiful addition to her traditional brick veneer Cape Cod home. But when the masonry contractor put up the brick he failed to even come close to matching the color of the mortar to the original part of the house. Even worse the new bright white mortar clashes with both the new brick and the old. The house now has a garish and jarring appearance and the cost of repair is prohibitive.
Brick veneer is the most durable and beautiful material that will protect your home from the elements. Brick is essentially maintenance free and will last for generations. Living in the Detroit area it is plain to see the brick in all the dilapidated buildings is still in beautiful condition and in most cases can be salvaged and reused. Brick veneer is more cost and you will have to live with your choice for as long as you own your home. If you're planning an addition or building a new home the money, time and effort invested in choosing the design, brick, mortar and most importantly the contractor will be returned many times over in long-term value.
These are some ideas to consider when choosing or matching brick veneer
• Cost: maybe it would be better to sacrifice square footage for quality and beauty
• Design: Long, high walls need to be broken up with a vertical course of brick, a ledge of stone or brick that varies in color and texture. Design in offset walls with interior or exterior corners to give vertical definition to the house.
• Use "offset" (brick that protrudes from the wall in patterns or randomly) of bricks to create interest
• Make the addition narrows or wider than the existing home for interior or exterior corners to make brick and mortar matching easier
• How does the house fit into the neighborhood? A traditional styled house needs darker reds and more texture with gray mortar. Fieldstone, granite or sandstone can be used carefully
• Contemporary houses can use whites, blushes or neutral colors and smooth to glazed brick. Mortar can be bright white
• A skilled and experienced mason will take the time to try out various mixtures to match the mortar. Remember it is the SAND in the mortar that must match. Ask to see other work the mason has done and will be prepared to pay a little more
• There are many sizes and profiles of brick available. We have a ranch house built on a slab in our neighborhood that used long, low profile brick with a mixture wavy texture. Along with a double-hip roof and deep eves this house would be the envy of Frank Lloyd Wright himself!
• Design the roof and gutters so the downspouts can be used to hide the seam between the old and new brick. There are many decorative gutter and downspout products available. Visit a local siding and gutter supply house
• A …
In a birth chart, the houses play an important role in which characteristics of the planets will be highlighted. Each house has a specific nature and along with the appearance of the planets contribute to you individuality. Find out which house the planets are at it’s best in the following.
The most desirable house placement of each planet are the following: Sun – 1st house, Moon – 11th house, Mercury – 8th house, Venus – 7th house, Mars – 6th house, Jupiter – 5th house, Saturn – 3rd house, Uranus – 9th house, Neptune – 4th house, Pluto – 10th house.
Sun – first house
The presence of the Sun in the first house means a strong sense of identity, versatility and have high self confidence. You have the determination to be unique and use this quality to mingle with others. You are highly optimistic and enjoys a very happy disposition in life.
Moon – eleventh house
The placement of the moon in the eleventh house ensures a harmonious and productive relationships within a group, no matter how different their goals may be. You are highly popular and have a have a good relationship with people around you. You are aware of others feelings.
Mercury – eighth house
When Mercury is in the eighth house, it denotes a person’s resourcefulness. You tend to go deeper in every challenges and always come up with a comprehensive solution for each problem. You always strive to seek for the truth, and in relation to that people in this situation excels in professions that deal with investigations.
Venus – seventh house
The placement of Venus in the seventh house takes pride of his/her social skills and enjoys a satisfying married life. You take a great value on marriage and friendship to a point that you exert all that you can for the success of relationships.
Mars – sixth house
Mars in the sixth house denotes your productiveness and diligence to work. You have no room for idleness. You have a good drive and persistence that may influence the others around you. You strive for perfection and leave no minor details unnoticed.
Jupiter – fifth house
Jupiter on the fifth means nurturing your hidden abilities and along with strong character can aid you in walking though life leisurely. A very good fortune awaits you. Alongside with leisure, is the duty to make a great contribution to the society. People in this scenario, often excel in political and scholastic fields.
Saturn – third house
The presence of Saturn in the third house correlates to high intellectual discipline and practical ideals. You have a very cautious nature and have good sense of judgment and you always speak with veracity.
Uranus – ninth house
The placement of Uranus in the ninth house suggest a progressive and higher level philosophies in life. Your outlooks are insightful and sometimes grandiose. Your direction is not common, instead you look into other options and accepting new visions while enjoying the whole process.…
If you are in the process of building a new home, congratulations! This can be an exciting time for you, and there is a lot that still has to be done before you can move in. You will need a lot of help to get everything in, and one of the most important moves you can make now, before things get too far, is to call in an experienced plumber to help you with the complete new house installation that you will need.
Laying the Groundwork
A complete new house installation of plumbing can be a tricky thing, and no matter how beautiful your dream home is, bad plumbing will sour the whole experience in no time. With the help of an experienced plumber, you can insure that what goes into your new home will be the best that money can buy, and be as reliable as you need it to be. The first job will be laying the groundwork for installation of all necessary products and pipes.
With the help of your plumbing consultant, work out a plan on paper, detailing every major and minor installation that will go into your new home. You can set it up, room by room, to help you keep track of everything that will be needed. For instance, the kitchen will have the dishwasher and the kitchen sink, while the bathroom will have the toilet and the bathroom sink. Be sure to include a layout of all connecting pipes, and do not forget outside faucet access, especially if you also have a septic tank in mind.
Remember the Inspector
All new construction must pass a county or state building inspection. To avoid pitfalls created by using plumbing not included in your area’s building code, be sure to double check every proposed installation against the local code authority’s guidelines. This is another aspect of plumbing installation where your plumber on retainer can be an invaluable resource.
Every area has its own local code requirements, as do state and national construction agencies. Your plumber can provide you with a list of applicable codes that your home falls under, and can walk you through them, step by step. This way, any potential problems can be spotted prior to installation, and you can alter your plumbing groundwork maps accordingly. No surprises for the inspector, and no headaches in the future for you.
Choose your Materials Wisely
Whenever someone works on building their own home, quality may be compromised in order to save on costs. Plumbing is one area where this should never happen. In order to get a fully functioning plumbing system the way you want, you have to spend a little more on quality materials, to make sure that it will not turn out to be a money pit later on.
No matter how well your home will be insulated, the area weather still needs to be taken into consideration when purchasing plumbing materials. Not all of your pipes will be under the protection of your …
Organic design of interiors uses natural elements for creating those designs by minimal usage of synthetic materials. An organic decorator should be aware of the type of natural elements available in the market and in nature which can be used to replace those synthetic decorators. It will be quite challenging for usual indoor decorators to turn to eco-friendly interior decorators.
Now a days green or organic interior decoration is not very much accepted by the people around the world. But more than 70% of the people around the world would like to live a life which is close to nature. The reason i am telling is because, when looking the travel statistics around the world people are choosing destinations which are close to nature for their holidays. People love nature and likes to have fresh intake of oxygen. Fresh air is not available in big cities and in artificially ventilated interiors. So people are traveling to those ecological and nature friendly places spend at least some days in a year. Which type of room would you love to live in through out your lifespan whether it is an artificially created room or in a room which is filled with natural light and with a breeze of natural air.
Many people think that green interior decorating is being utilized by those who don’t want to spend much money on their interiors. People who are willing to spend much money on their interiors think that their interior will feel unusual if their turn to organic interior decorating. It is a fact that people used to return to those indoors which are organically designed than those with synthetically designed indoors. Moreover people living inside organic designed interiors have got less friction and differences among them when compared to people living in synthetically designed interiors. Organic interior design can create that ambience inside a room which can create a sense of tranquility and serenity inside the rooms.With some simple measures and changes synthetically designed rooms can be changed to organic. Organically designed interiors are decorated in such a way that it should provide that much need calm and rejuvenation for mind and soul. After all what we need for our homes or office interiors is peace of mind.
Organic interior design has become relevant in today’s world because of the amount of pollution happening in our cities. Every day people are adding more air conditioners to their rooms. Many research have proved that emissions from these air conditioners is one of the reason for climate change. Organic interior decorators around the world are having the opinion that people are gradually thinking about organic interior designs for their rooms.
Inviting Mother Nature into the home through home design is an exceptional way to get back to basics while infusing a house with warmth, color, purpose and practicality. We were originally organic to begin with, so why not keep up the tradition of peace, harmony and health.
Allure the pacifying Mother Nature into your indoors through …